Hey there, I'm Daniel Spajic.
I'm a self-taught full-stack developer, maker, and freelancer.
Born in Australia, ever since I was a child I've been obsessed with building things. Today coding satiates my desire to work with complex, dynamic, and mechanical systems with real-world implications.
My journey as a developer began over 3 years ago after I quit school in year 11 to pursue my own path. Traditional education wasn't for me.
From there I worked on my first business: an online video game store. Web development was something I learned to build my idea.
Like most first businesses, it failed, but I learned a ton in the process. My skill-set was decent enough to land myself a full-time job as a developer at the age of 17.
Since then I've worked on several more side-projects with varied success, began freelancing, and solo-travelled across Canada for 7 months. My passion for the art of software development has also evolved tremendously.
This is an honest blog. I won't just be sharing my successes, but also my challenges, learning experiences, and more. In an age where society is mostly fabricated, I intend to provide some real value with a genuine recount of my journey.
And that's why I'll be sharing everything I do: everything I work on, everything I learn, and anything else I believe provides value or is worth writing about. You'll witness all my successes, failures, and everything else that goes with it.
The result is a blog that's a real, entertaining, and in-depth insight into the world of software development and entrepreneurship. It's the story of some guy who chose to walk his own path, taught himself how to code, and wherever that leads him.
My hope is to inspire others and give back to the world. This is something I wish I'd started from the beginning. Besides privacy, there's little value in locking away what you know when it can help others. I sure know I would've benefited from this when I started.
My tech stack
Although I'm more interested in building things than tools, I love the art of software development. Building well-designed systems with beautiful code is something I find incredibly satisfying and strive to do.
My favourite tech includes
ReactJS. I've also worked with plenty more such as
Babel. In the past I've used things such as
I find pleasure in following best practices. This includes using
Git, unit testing, and linting.
Some more things about me
Besides what I've revealed above, I have quite a few other passions. Here's a list of a few of them so you can get to know me a bit better:
- Music is my drug of choice. I'm rarely not listening to it and I'm always searching for more. Perhaps it's an addiction. You can follow me on Spotify if you want to.
- I'm obsessed with health and nutrition. It's a passion and habit I've adopted for many years now. I wish it were mainstream.
- I like to cook. I eat a whole foods plant based diet so every ingredient is healthy, yet the food is still super tasty. You'd be impressed.
- Reading is a habit I enjoy. I usually do it every day to ensure I'm always learning. Mostly non-fiction, but good fiction is great too. You can check out my bookshelf on Goodreads if you're interested.
- I'm a vegan. Yep, I had to put this here just to play on the stereotype 🙃 I'm yet to die of protein deficiency.